Telerivet's Cloud Data Export feature makes it possible to export and backup messages, contacts, and other data from your Telerivet account to the cloud, either manually or automatically on a recurring schedule. The Cloud Data Export feature is available on plans that support Advanced custom automation, such as the Pro plan.
Configuring a Storage Provider
To use Cloud Data Export, you will first need to configure a storage provider. In the Telerivet web app, to Dashboard > More > Data exports, click Storage Providers, then click "Add storage provider".
Telerivet supports connecting your own Amazon S3 account for data storage. (Other types of storage providers may be supported in the future.)
If you don't already have an S3 bucket in your AWS account, you will first need to create an S3 bucket via the AWS console.
- From the S3 Buckets page, click "Create bucket".
- Enter a bucket name and select an AWS region for the bucket. The other settings can be
- Click the "Create bucket" button at the bottom.
- Copy the S3 Bucket Name and AWS Region into the Configure Storage Provider page in Telerivet.
You will also need to create an IAM account with permission to read and write data in the bucket:
- On the IAM Users page in the S3 console, click "Add users".
- Choose a User name
- Select "Access key - Programmatic access"
- Click "Next: Permissions"
- Click "Attach Existing Policies Directly"
- Click the "Create Policy" button (this will switch to a new tab)
- Click the "JSON" tab
- Paste the JSON below, replacing YOUR_BUCKET_NAME with your actual S3 bucket name:
- Click "Next: Tags" then "Next: Review"
- Enter a policy name and Click "Create policy"
- In the previous tab, click the Refresh button and select the policy you just created
- Click "Next: Tags", then "Next: Review" then "Create user".
- Copy the Access Key ID and Secret Access Key into the Configure Storage Provider page in Telerivet.
You can also optionally enter a S3 Key Prefix on the Configure Storage Provider page. If a S3 Key Prefix is provided, all exported files will start with this key prefix. If the prefix ends with a slash (/), then the files will be stored in a subfolder of your S3 bucket. If the prefix is empty, exported files will be stored relative to the bucket root.
Exporting Data via Telerivet Web App
After a storage provider is configured, when exporting data via the Telerivet web app, the export dialog will have a Storage Path dropdown that lets you choose whether you want to download the data directly to your device, or to one of your storage providers:
If you select a storage provider, you can customize the filename for the export:
The storage path can contain special format strings which are replaced with the properties of the date/time when the export is started, in your project's time zone:
- %Y - Four digit representation for the year
- %y - Two digit representation of the year
- %m - Two digit representation of the month
- %d - Two-digit day of the month (with leading zeros)
- %H - Two digit representation of the hour in 24-hour format
- %M - Two digit representation of the minute
- %S - Two digit representation of the second
- %z - The time zone offset (e.g. -0500)
To configure a recurring export in order to automatically back up your Telerivet data to your own storage provider, click "Schedule". Each scheduled export counts as one active automated service.
Exporting Data via API
To export data to a cloud storage provider via the REST API, you can use the Create a task API endpoint with the task_type set to "export_contacts", "export_rows", or "export_messages". The Cloud Script API also supports exporting data via the project.createTask method.