Automated Services – "Services" for short – enable you to automate your organization's mobile messaging, such as by automatically processing incoming messages and sending replies.
Telerivet makes it easy for non-developers and developers alike to create custom mobile messaging services, and to combine manual and automated messaging within a single system.
Types of Automated Services
Telerivet includes commonly used quick-start templates which can be deployed in just a few clicks:
- Subscription - A "text-to-join" service that lets people text one keyword to add themselves to a group, and another keyword to remove themselves from a group
- Auto-Reply - A service that automatically sends an SMS reply when a message is received with a particular keyword, or when any message is received that doesn't match another keyword
- Poll - A service that lets you ask one or more questions and collect responses via SMS.
In addition, Telerivet provides three different methods of creating custom services:
- Custom Actions - Build a custom automated service as a visual flowchart of basic actions.
- Webhook API - Notifies your server via the Webhook API when an incoming message is received.
Once you create an automated service, the Services page provides several tools to manage your service. From the main Services page, click the name of a service from the Summary table to view the details for that service. When viewing details for a service, the following actions are available:
- Click Edit to change the configuration for a service
- Use the On/Off switch to activate or deactivate a service
- Click More > Set activation schedule to automatically turn the service on or off at a specified time
- Click More > View messages to view messages handled or generated by that service
- Click More > View version history to view or restore previous versions of the service
- Click More > View contacts in progress to view contacts currently interacting with a service (only available for services that contain multi-step flows)
- Click More > Copy service to duplicate a service (for example, to create a backup or to reuse a service in another Telerivet project)
- Click Test Services or Test Service to test how the service responds when triggered via an incoming message (Learn more)
- Click More > View logs to debug issues with a service (Learn more)
- Click More > Delete to permanently delete a service